Madi O'Hare Salvati
// writer, artist, mountain enthusiast.
Be it snowshoeing in the Pyrenees Mountains under the shadow of Pic du Midi, catching surf in Big Sur, California, or driving across the deserts of Utah in search of the darkest skies, my life as a journalist has taken me around the world.
The Women’s International Perspective, Monterey, CA --- Intern
June 2013 - August 2013
- Edited stories that were sent to us by women from around the world, edited website content, and helped give a voice to those who might not have one.
- Published original, digital content that was later published in GoldenRide Surfing Magazine in Germany. The story was about how women globally influence the surfing culture even as a male-dominated sport.
Women’s Sports Network 24/7, Monterey, CA--- Intern
January 2014 - March 2014
- Wrote and edited content for website, as well as used Wordpress platform to report on women’s collegiate events.
- Wrote two feature articles for website regarding women’s soccer on collegiate and an International level.
Mustang News, San Luis Obispo, CA--- Art Section Staff Writer
September 2014 - May 2016
- Wrote 1-2 articles a week and multiple, front-page feature stories about the outdoors, student life and issues, and art using WordPress platform.
San Luis Obispo Downtown Association, San Luis Obispo, CA---Intern
September 2015 - December 2015
- Worked in-office writing press releases and fundraising for the community of San Luis Obispo to hold musical, cultural, and awareness events.
BACKPACKER Magazine, Boulder, Colorado--- Editorial Intern
June 2017 - AUGUST 2017
- Held a number of responsibilities and helped write content for the printed magazine.
- Conducted research and reported to help editors write their stories and meet deadlines.
THE MOUNTAIN AIR SPECIALTY OUTDOOR GEAR, San luis Obisbo--- LEAD SOCIAL MEDIA SPECIALIST
SEPTEMBER 2017 - Present
- Maximized use of social media through Instagram and Facebook posts to emphasize their brand and the gear they sell
- Conducted multiple successful campaigns to engage the community of San Luis Obispo and beyond
- California Polytechnic University, San Luis Obispo, CA 2014-2017
Will receive a Bachelor of Science in Journalism and Minor in French.
- University of Pau and Pay l'Adour, Pau, France, Fall 2016
Received diploma for French Studies and completion of B1 level exam to teach English in France.